Dr. Cox's Weight Loss Plan Instructions
- Use an 8" Saucer instead of a standard dinner plate
- Your meal must fit on your saucer (nothing hanging off or piled 3 feet high)
- 3/4 of the plate is made of vegetables (salad, sauteed, raw, grilled, steamed, etc)
- One quarter of the plate is for protein (beef, chicken, eggs, fish, seafood, etc)
- If you are eating out, still stick with this plan! At a steak house, have a 4-6 oz serving of meat, a salad, and a vegetable. If you are at a Mexican food restaurant, have a taco salad, and skip the shell. Avoid the roll and chip baskets!
- For breakfast, have a meat or egg based protein. An ideal example is a veggie filled omelette.
Remember, for optimum health, eat certified organic foods!
- Eat regularly
- Eat protein throughout the day
- Limited carbohydrate intake
This plan requires that you eat vegetables with low levels of carbohydrates, such as tomatoes, broccoli and leafy green kale. Eat protein with each meal such as chicken, eggs and beef, and fish. You can have nuts, olive oil, and butter.
Be sure to drink water throughout the day to help your energy level, avoiding fruit juices or cow's milk and eating small meals every two to three hours. Avoid most sweeteners. If you need to sweeten your food or drinks, we recommend stevia (preferably liquid Stevia, such as Sweet Leaf brand).
So, what would a meal on the Cox Weight Loss Plan look like?
Asparagus, Chards, Kohlrabi, Spinach, Green Onions, Bamboo Shoots, Chicory, Lettuces, Yellow Squash, Okra, Bean Sprouts, Collard Greens, Mushrooms, Zucchini Squash, Olives, Bok Choy Greens, Cucumber, Mustard Greens,Bell Peppers, Pickles, Broccoli, Endive, Parsley, Pimento, Cabbages, Escarole, Radishes, Chives, Rhubarb, Cauliflower, Garlic, Salad Greens, Eggplant, Sweet Potatoes, Celery, Kale, Sauerkraut, Green Beans, Tomatoes, Water Chestnuts, Yams, Acorn Squash, Artichokes, Avocado, Beets, Brussels Sprout, Carrots, Jicama, Leeks, Onion, Pumpkin, Rutabaga, Turnips, Winter Squashes
Nuts and Seeds:
1 oz, 1 Time a Day
Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews, Macadamia, Sunflower Seeds
Women: 4-5 oz/meal, 3 times a day
Men: 5-6 oz/meal, 3 times a day
Red Meat, Fish, Fowl, Eggs
Butter, Caviar, Hard Cheeses (cheddar, Swiss, etc), Olive Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Walnut Oil, Salad Dressing
Spring or Filtered Water, Tea, Coffee, Chicken Broth, Beef Broth
For a printable version of the food list, click here.
Keep track of your diet with this food log: Click Here